I was an English major and have read many of the great works, both prose and poetry.
- As a kid I had a copy of Judy Blume’s Forever hidden under my mattress, like every other 13 year old girl in America in the late 80’s.
- I may or may not have planned my weekend plans around the release of each book in the Harry Potter books. In college.
- Being able to teach Young Adult literature like The Giver and The Secret Garden was definitely one of the reasons I became a middle school teacher. Realizing that I would never be able to add books like Prep or Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to the curriculum may be the reason I left the profession 3 years later.
- The Twilight series pretty much robbed my children of their mother for a week, which is how long it took me to read all of the books.
- I am currently putting off starting “The Hunger Games” until I have the time (and childcare) to commit to the series.
|He wasn’t smart but he sure was pretty.|
|We’ll never know how it ended. *sigh*|
But really? I think it’s the melodrama. Teen angst is so simple. It’s all angst-athon, all the time.
|Seriously, does this guy EVER wear a shirt?|